We are on our way!
As previously noted, Rejuvenation is pleased to announce we are opening our 3rd store this fall in LA, at Helm’s Bakery District. The district sits right on the border between Los Angeles and Culver City, but our store will have an LA address. We are a little giddy to be opening in LA.
The Helms Bakery District has a rich and vibrant history in the LA market. You can read more about it here at www.helmsbakerydistrict.com.
Just to show how so many things in life come full circle: when I mentioned to my Mom where we were opening in LA and started to tell her the story of Helm’s Bakery, she quickly stopped me and said “Kathy, you know your grandfather was a driver for Helm’s Bakery back in the 50’s.” So, there is my personal connection back to the site!
We should also give props to Culver City, home of Sony Pictures and Culver Studios (of “Gone with the Wind” production fame, below) and now home of Rejuvenation store #3. But unlike the movies, where things can get a tad phony, Rejuvenation is very much the real deal! We’ve got this love affair going on with history, architecture and bringing back the best lighting and house parts ever made.
But in general the process for site selection is a combination of a lot of talented people, a bunch of facts and figures, and a mix of art and science. We try to put ourselves in your shoes, and ask:
- Where do you, our customer, live?
- What’s your housing stock like? (Because even though we work great in brand new construction, age matters!)
- Where do you shop for cool things for your home?
- Where can you get a coffee around here? (We are from Portland) and a bite to eat while you’re at it. (We consider ourselves foodies too.)
- Can you find a parking place? And are there good options for alternative transportation for you and our new employees? (And that’s part of who we are as you probably already know)
- Is the building cool? Does it have a history and a story? (Because history matters too. We believe in preserving what we value from the past, and we know you do too.)
- Is there enough space to show off our brand, and stand out a bit from the rest?
- What’s the landlord like? (We care about who we do business with.)
- All of this matters, because we plan to be here for a long time!
Below are a few pictures of our new space (pre-Rejuvenation) and by the way, this will be the first and last time you’ll see these store windows blocked by banner signage and sale signs. The next time you see it, expect beautiful glowing lights and shades, period authentic, inspiring lighting designed to make your home your own.